Monday, March 7, 2011

The Debate about Heaven, Hell, and Rob Bell

Rob Bell, the pastor of Mars Hill Bible Church in Michigan, wrote a book on heaven and hell called Love Wins.  It has not been released yet.  A lot of people have been blogging and tweeting on this topic.  See the one blog that started the criticism.  NY Times has written an article on this as well.  I hear that it is one of the top ten trending topics on twitter.  People are calling Rob Bell a Universalist.  I think this is a difficult issue.  Frankly, I continue to wrestle with this issue.  I live with a lot of tension in my life on this issue.  I will be reading this book to see what his position is.  I don't want to judge him before I read the book.  I think this article from Christianity Today captures the civility of the debate and the struggles of many Christians who take the Bible seriously.  Check it out:

Heaven, Hell, and Rob Bell: Putting the Pastor in Context | Christianity Today | A Magazine of Evangelical Conviction

No comments: