Saturday, January 31, 2009
I was talking to someone who comes to our church this week who had a lot of questions about God. I sent him this paper that I wrote a few years ago called A Case for the Existence of God. I wanted to share it with you. If you have questions about the existence of God, this might be worth reading.
Friday, January 23, 2009
The Alpha Course at New City Church will start on January 28, 2009, Wednesday, at 6:45pm in the Upper Room (church office and meeting area), 453 S. Spring St., Suite 833, Los Angeles, CA 90013 (which is at the NW corner of 5th and Spring St in a building called Spring Arts Tower).
Over 11 million people worldwide have attended an Alpha course, an opportunity to explore the meaning of life, now running in tens of thousands of churches of all denominations. Click here for Alpha USA's website.
At an Alpha course, people explore the Christian faith in a relaxed setting over ten thought-provoking weekly sessions.
It is low-key, friendly and fun – and is supported by all the main Christian denominations.
Why not take this opportunity to explore the meaning of life?
For more information or to sign up, email email@example.com or Temi at firstname.lastname@example.org or Leo@newcitychurchla.com.
There should be ample free street parking available around the building after 6pm. You don't need to feed the parking meter after 6pm.
What happens at Alpha?
A typical Alpha course session consists of a dinner and a talk and small group discussions regarding key issues related to the Christian faith.
· 1/28: Introduction Dinner: Christianity: Boring, Untrue and Irrelevant?
· 2/4: Who is Jesus?
· 2/11: Why did Jesus die?
· 2/18: How can we have faith?
· 2/25: Why and how do I pray?
· 3/4: Why and how should I read the Bible?
· 3/11: How does God guide us?
· 3/18: How can I resist evil?
· 3/25: Why and how should we tell others?
· 4/1: Does God heal today?
· 4/8: What about the Church?
A Day Away (Saturday, 3/14):
· Who is the Holy Spirit?
· What does the Holy Spirit do?
· How can I be filled with the Holy Spirit?
· How can I make the most of the rest of my life?